Description of the field of study:
For whom field of study Computer Science??
For people who are not afraid of challenges and a lot of effort during their studies to achieve great opportunities and attractive employment after graduation. If you are ambitious, fierce, eager to learn, have a scientific mind and are passionate about mathematics and technology - this is the right study for you. Completing Computer Science will give you a guaranteed chance for career development in the required and desired profession, as specialists in this field are in demand on the labor market. If you pass mathematics, physics or computer science in high school, you are not afraid of challenges and you are willing to face hard work by acquiring theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of computer science, feel free to apply for our course.
Graduates of public and private universities (full-time and part-time studies) with a 1st degree engineering degree diploma (they have an engineer diploma) may apply for second-cycle studies in the field of Computer Science.
The remaining requirements are specified in the expected competences of the candidate applying for admission to second-cycle studies in the field of Computer Science.
Second-cycle studies broaden the knowledge and develop skills in the field of creating applications and network solutions, with particular emphasis on the security aspects of IT systems.
Extramural studies are organized in the form of meetings every two weeks on Saturdays and Sundays. There are 10 sessions per semester.
Software development techniques
You will broaden your knowledge and skills in the field of creating solutions for IT and mobile systems and their security engineering, parallel and distributed computing methods as well as modeling and IT project management languages. You will learn how to design and develop web applications (web, mobile and cloud platforms) and learn the techniques of administering these applications. The studies will prepare you to work in companies that design and implement the most modern systems related to IT technologies.
You will learn how to effectively ensure security of network systems, internet applications, computer systems, and mobile applications. You will acquire skills related to various forms of programming for the Internet and designing information systems. Your engineer knowledge will be supplemented with issues related to the security of ICT technologies. As a graduate of this specialization, you will be able to work in companies producing telecommunications equipment, with operators of telecommunications and ICT networks, as well as where knowledge on securing information resources of the organization is required (administration, army, etc.).
Our graduates find jobs in the following positions:
- developer of web, desktop and mobile systems,
- network administrator,
- analyst and database designer,
- IT systems administrator,
- website designer,
- management systems administrator,
- IT consultant,
- programmer of microcontrollers.
Why study computer science? See for yourself.
Qualification documents required
- a copy of the engineer's diploma and / or a copy of the document confirming the result of the diploma (engineering) examination and the average of the 1st degree studies (supplement, certificate)
(attach a copy file in the IRK system in My account card Personal forms tile Education area Higher education after saving the required information, the system will allow you to attach a file with a copy of the document)
- confirmation of payment of the enrollment fee;
(data on the required payments are available in the IRK system in My Account, the Payments tab)
Elements that are the basis for qualifying candidates
- The grade on the first cycle diploma (with a weight of 10).
- Average grade for first-cycle studies.
- Points obtained after the interview (scale from 0 to 5) if provided by the Faculty
(in the recruitment process in 2021/22, the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science did not introduce an interview as an additional recruitment criterion)
The WR recruitment rate (maximum number of points = 55) will be calculated according to the formula:
WR = 10 x O + S
O - the grade on the first-cycle diploma
S - grade point average for first-cycle studies
- The first round
Electronic registration: June 7 - July 13, 2021
Announcement of the results: 07/14/2021
Candidate entries: July 15 - July 22, 2021
- Second round
Electronic registration: June 15 - July 22, 2021
Announcement of the results: 23.07.2021
Candidates' entries: July 26 - July 30, 2021
- Third round
Electronic registration: July 26 - September 2, 2021
Announcement of the results: 3.09.2021
Entries of candidates: 6.09 - 10.09.2021
- Fourth round
Electronic registration: 6.09 - 23.09.2021
Announcement of the results: 24.09.2021
Candidate entries: 27.09 - 30/09/2021
Dates of recruitment for higher education undertaken by foreigners, on terms other than those applicable to Polish citizens, starting from the winter semester of the academic year 2021/2022:
- Electronic registration and submission of documents from June 7, 2021 to September 17, 2021.
For Polish citizens and candidates admitted with the rights of Poles :
- the amount of the admission fee for studies is 85 zł,
- fee for issuing an electronic student ID in the amount of 22 zł,
- the tuition fee for the semester is 2400 zł.
- the amount of the recruitment fee for studies is: 85 zł (the equivalent of 19 EUR or 22 USD + any transfer costs),
- fee for issuing an electronic student ID in the amount of 22 zł,
- tuition fees per semester:
- for people studying in Polish it is 600 EURO,
- for people studying in a foreign language it is 1000 EURO.
Documents required for admission to studies
Candidates for the first year of second-cycle studies are required to submit the following documents:
- a copy of your graduation diploma (engineering diploma);
- certificates of the average grade for first-cycle studies;
- candidate's personal questionnaire and applications (survey forms and applications that can be downloaded after electronic registration of the candidate);
- a declaration of consent to the processing of personal data by the University of Bielsko-Biała;
- entry cards on the list of students - to be downloaded in the electronic enrollment system;
- 35 x 45 mm photos, without a headgear, in a gala outfit on a light background (as required for an ID card) and an electronic photo, made in accordance with the previously specified requirements, entered into the electronic registration system by the candidate;
- confirmation of payment of the student ID fee.
Candidates submit completed documents in a briefcase.
Files to download: